Thursday, October 16, 2014

Ludicrous Speed Is How I Roll

It has officially been (1) year since I posted on this blog.  "Holy air tight alibi" - the time has flown by faster than the Flash on coffee.  A lot has happened and I have succeeded at incorporating the comic industry into every nook and cranny of my life! Do not get me wrong, I love this, however when I dream of super hero battles (who would win scenarios) and in a fevered sweat think I see the Green Goblin hovering above me...I may need to re-evaluate my saturation level.

Seriously, the comic industry has made me very happy.  I do travel at times at "ludicrous speed" (thank you Spaceballs for amazing quotable phrases) at many cons however, I would feel as if a part of me was ripped away if I could not be in the thralls of the excitement.

I get asked a lot of questions while I am at cons regarding "comic conventions" and how to market and advertise.  After addressing several questions on a personal level I came to a couple conclusions:


1. I am no expert, however I have seen first hand what works and does not work.


2. What seems obvious to me in marketing and production of comic conventions is NOT obvious to everyone.

3. I have a blog I am not using correctly! 

4. I need a doppelganger.


With these thoughts in mind, I have decided to start adding some tips and tricks that I have found really seem to kick the tires and light the fires in the comic industry.

My hope is to eventually bring world peace, alas I will be happy with a smile and a thank you if my meager knowledge seems to help anyone. 

Look for upcoming regular updates.
Until then know that I am She-Ra in training.



No comments:

Post a Comment