Thursday, February 14, 2013

Adults Need LEGO's Too: Give us Stark Tower!



LEGO DC Minifigure Collection for 2013
Robin and Aquaman
Lego's are the addicting source of conflict for most parents.  
Said parents have a child, have an excuse to buy and build with Lego's till heart is filled with joy.  Then the inevitable happens.  
The child grows up and wants a phone. 
Lego's are no longer a source of fun.  
The child will not realize that this was true entertainment for unfortunately another 10+ years.

The dilemma that is left is either, "How can I get away with squandering my time on Lego's without the child?" or "Where the heck do I store 2 five gallon bins of Lego's?" 

Okay, so maybe this is a little bit of a case in point scenario, meaning my case in point.  When my son decided Lego's were not cool anymore, I thought he was insane.  Seriously. 

We had put together the Lego Full NBA Basketball Court together and had some rockin games; and we conquered the Lego Full Soccer Stadium and continued to add to it. Then there was HOGWARTS....oh boy, that was crazy. We plowed through helicopters, airplanes, spaceships, trains, towns, and even the jungle - dinosaurs included.  Finally, there was of course, Star Wars everything. 

Star Wars and Lego's seem to go together like peanut butter and jelly.  They just fit. When in doubt - buy Star Wars Legos. 

"Have you put any Lego's together lately?" 
"Pshhhh, yep just finished the 3,808 piece Death Star. Started it last night."


Last October, I went to New York Comic Con and was thrilled to see the Lego booth, I had a small surge of excitement when I saw this however:


New York Comic Con - October 2012 LEGO booth
I stood and stared. The concept of LEGO piecing together bricks of Legos was so boggling to my feeble mind.  
It was like INCEPTION!  
Yet, glorious! It was at this moment I realized - Lego needs to just straight up make Lego's for adults.  
Market them to adults, geeks, nerds, or 'parents who have no more excuses.'  

Give us STARK Tower!  Give us Justice League Headquarters orbiting satellite! Give us Castle Grayskull! And for the fun of it - throw in Voltron! 

I for one, wouldn't mind stepping on Lego's again. 
Some pain, is a reminder of creativity!

No comments:

Post a Comment